Skip to toolbar

News Feed Forums Watercooler This is a great review of Karting helmets of 2020!

Tagged: , ,

• This is a great review of Karting helmets of 2020!

Jonathan updated 1 week, 2 days ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Jonathan

April 29, 2020 at 11:02 pm

10 Best Karting Helmets in 2020

Whether you do go-kart racing professionally or as a pastime activity, it is always important to put safety as your number one priority. Compared to certain other types of Motorsports, go-kart racing leaves you exposed to the environment, as there is nothing between you and the asphalt, unlike in auto racing.

It’s therefore extremely important to be properly equipped with safety gear. One of the most important safety equipment that you need to have is a certified karting helmet. The United States, Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Snell Memorial Foundation (Snell) certify helmets with regards to safety. Both impose different measurements and requirements. This list will feature only Snell certified helmets, as they are more commonly used in Motorsports and are more strict with their certification requirements . With that in mind, let’s look at the go-kart racing helmets that you can find on the market.

Karting Helmet Reviews

I’ve reviewed the best go-karting helmets and have created a list of what I think are the top 8. The reviews below will give you an idea on how I ranked them according to the most important criteria: ventilation, comfort, material and weight.

I’ve rated each helmet individually and hope that you will be able to draw your own conclusions. Hopefully this will enable you to make a more informed purchase decision. Here’s a quick summary of the best karting helmets for racing:

1. Conquer Carbon Fiber Racing Helmet (Score: 96%)
    2. Bell K1 Pro Circuit Brus Helmet (Score: 96%)
    3. Zamp RZ-42 Helmet (Score: 94%)
    4. Conquer Full Face Racing Helmet (Score: 91%)
    5. Bell V.15 Brus Helmet (Score: 88%)
    6. RaceQuip PRO15 Helmet (Score: 85%)
    7. Conquer Aerodynamic Helmet (Score: 85%)
    8. Zamp RZ-58 Helmet (Score: 84%)
    9. Zamp FSA-3 Helmet (Score: 84%)
    10. Conquer Racing Helmet (Score: 81%)
  • Olivier

April 30, 2020 at 8:13 am

I just bought a zamp RZ-42 couple days ago

• Jonathan

April 30, 2020 at 8:19 am

How do you like it?

• Meriam

October 6, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I was thinking of going with Bell K1 Pro. I read it’s review here: https://outdoormo.com/best-karting-helmets

Can you please confirm if it’s good for use or not?

Thanks.

• Jonathan

October 10, 2020 at 10:46 pm

I have not used one but bell has a good reputation. @peter his son has a bell he may have some more insight than I do. My son and I both have Arais but just personal preference for how it fits your head!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now